Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Camillus House. Individuals who wish to volunteer must first attend an orientation. Our next orientation will be held on the 3rd Saturday of the month (unless otherwise noted) from 9:30AM to 11:00AM in the Bank of America Community Room at the Camillus House Norwegian Cruise Line Campus. Our address is 1603 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33136. Attached, please find directions to our campus.
The purpose of attending orientation is to educate our future volunteers on the history of Camillus House and the areas that they will be assigned.
- Currently, most of our opportunities involve serving food in our kitchen seven days a week. Other opportunities are available.
- Our kitchen is open 7 days a week, from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- You may park free of charge in our covered parking garage accessible through NW 15th street. We will meet in the campus Bank of America Community Room, which is located on the third floor of the building adjacent to the parking garage.
- In order to be respectful of our volunteers’ time, orientation will start promptly at 9:30am. Doors will close by 9:45am.
- Masks are still required on the Camillus House campus.
- Please note that to volunteer at Camillus House you must be at least 14 years old, and those between 14-17 must be accompanied at all times by someone 18 years of age or older.
- MDC Service Learning students: please bring your Service Learning contracts to Orientation.
- Camillus House is no longer able to accommodate volunteers with court-mandated hours.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Thank you again for considering Camillus House. We look forward to welcoming you to our organization.